Sunday, October 22, 2017

BUILDING UP LAYER BY LAYER



This layer is collage, acrylic ink drawing and sponge roller painting.   Still not satisfying.



I added more collage papers including some gesso texture on waxed paper.  I was never sure if I could successfully collage waxed paper but it seems to work out okay.   Looking better.  I think a layer of tan tissue I collected for a dress shop might unify the image, but first I need to get my drawing back.


 I added more ink drawing done with a balsa wood stick.    Tomorrow, after tissue paper,  I will add some acrylic using my fingers.  Bought some thin latex type gloves so my hands won't be a disaster.  Finger painting will be lots of fun!

5 comments:

RH Carpenter said...

I'm liking the way this is coming together :) Thanks for sharing your steps as you move along.

Myrna Wacknov said...

Thanks Rhonda,
It is challenging not to use a traditional brush. The temptation is very large but so far I have resisted. Today I will "finger paint"! Stay tuned!

R's Rue said...

Beautiful.

Myrna Wacknov said...

Thank you, Regine. Lots of work yet to be done before it is finished.

Meera Rao said...

Thanks for sharing the steps !!! In awe of how you go about refining each stage :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails