Friday, November 20, 2015

SLIGHT VARIATION IN THE SURFACE

Every Line Tells a Story

I was anxious to finish this painting before our Thanksgiving trip which starts Sunday!   Now that I am looking at it as if from afar I see an area I want to change.  I guess that will have to wait until next weekend.  I put a glaze of very thinned down gesso over the reconstructed Tyvek surface and let it dry before starting this painting.  It is a subtle change but I really like how the paint reacts to this surface in a different way.  You can enlarge the image by clicking on it to see what I am talking about.  A more granulating effect is achieved.

I plan to take a small watercolor travel set with me and a sketch book.   I hope to have something to share with everyone when I return.  

This year I am giving thanks for a wonderful family, good health and the opportunity to create and share art.  I hope all of you have similar blessings in  your life.

1 comment:

Robbie said...

wowee, just found your blog from a random search looking for Mastisse paper cut images. I'm SO inspired by your work...need to settle down for a proper browse.
Thank you for sharing :)
Robin

Related Posts with Thumbnails